WHY THE CROSS?
We assume that current belief is what Christians through the ages have always believed. However, there are over thirty theories on the nature of Messiah’s atonement. This series will present another option.
- 07 – The final teaching in the series which, I hope, presents are more biblical approach to the atonement than any of the other theories.
AUDIO (Download or Stream)Download
AUDIO with VIDEO (Stream Only)
- 06 – So if five centuries of Evangelical belief isn’t correct, what’s the alternative?
AUDIO (Download or Stream)Download
AUDIO with VIDEO (Stream Only)
- 05 – The Proof Texts. PSA hinges on four direct evidence texts (NKJV) ‘prove’ that God’s anger was propitiated at the cross. The only problem is that they are woefully biased translations.
AUDIO (Download or Stream)Download
AUDIO with VIDEO (Stream Only)
- 04 – Weakness is PSA. What if it isn’t right? Does the evidence prove it though, beyond a reasonable doubt?
AUDIO (Download or Stream)Download
AUDIO AND VIDEO (Stream Only)
- 03 – Biblical Evidence for PSA. For five hundred years Protestants have touted Penal Substitutionary Atonement as the final truth on the cross. There is significant biblical evidence for this position as this episode reveals.
- 02 – What is Truth? We know that the Scriptures are 100% true. But how do we use them to establish biblical doctrine and practice?
- 01 – Historical Views. We look at the ten most popular theories on the atonement and find most of them a bit suss.
THE GREAT DELUSION & MARK OF THE BEAST
There’s no shortage of opinions on the correct interpretation of all that stuff in Revelation. This is series consists of yet another opinion on it all. Do what you will with it.
10 – The Unifier of Islam and His Mark. Islam anticipates the arrival of the ‘Mahdi’ (the ‘Guided One’) in the last days. The bible predicts the coming of the ‘Man of Lawlessness’. Are they one and the same? If so, what will be the Mahdi’s mark? Will people really accept his mark?Download
09 – Solomon as a Picture of Antichrist? In what way could King Solomon, as a type of Messiah, also be a prophetic picture of the Man of Lawlessness?Download
08 – The Number of His Name. If the answer to the 666 riddle is to be found anywhere, it will be within the pages of the Old Testament. What does it reveal?Download
07 – The Mystical Number. For centuries Christians have pondered the significance of Revelation 13:18’s ‘666’. Some of the suggestions have been rather silly. Where do we find the answer?Download
06 – The Transport Beastie. What does the scarlet beast with a passenger represent and, more importantly, what is the identity of the woman riding it?Download
05 – Who is the ‘man of sin’ and what is the final delusion?Download
04 – An Islamic Caliphate? If the final beast empire is an Islamic Empire, where’s the biblical support for that? (29 mins)Download
03 – The Sea Beast Identified. If this isn’t a revive Roman Empire (as is popularly taught) then what constitutes the final beast empire? (33 mins)Download
02 – The Beast from the Sea. Okay so, what exactly are the beasts in the Book of Revelation? The Old Testament gives us the answer. (31 mins)Download
01 – Are We There Yet? Are we getting close to the events prophesied in the prophetic scriptures? (31 mins)Download
PAUL’S LETTER TO THE ROMANS
What’s the big deal about Romans and why is it considered the greatest letter ever written? For my Book Club friends … why on earth would I want to teach through this book again?
- 40 – Romans 15:22 – 16:27. In the last chapter and a bit the Apostle winds up his epistle and mentions a few special people in Rome and Ephesus. But he also gives us a warning to watch out for certain false brethren. (26 mins)
- 39 – Romans 15:1-21. How do mature believers relate to new believers? How do we treat those brothers and sisters whose theological position differs from our? (36 mins)
- 38 – Romans 14:1-23. What are the Biblical grounds for disfellowship? There aren’t many (32 mins).
- 37 – Romans 13:1-14. Chapter 13 falls into two halves: the second half is about love and holiness; the first half is about being a good citizen and paying your taxes. Or is it? (34 mins)
- 36 – Romans 12:9-21. A short teaching to complete Romans 12 (15 mins).
- 35 – Romans 12:1-8. “How can I know what God’s perfect will for my life is?” The answer is surprisingly simple (29 mins).
- 34 – Romans 11:16-36. “Do not boast against the branches.” How well has the Christian Church obeyed this instruction? (31 mins)
- 33 – Romans 11:1-15. Has God rejected Israel as taught by the church for most of its history? me genoito! (29 mins)
- 32 – Romans 10:14-21. Still waiting to find out what Israel’s problem is. (26 mins)
- 31 – Romans 10:1-13. Why has only a remnant of Israel embraced the New Covenant in Messiah? What are they lacking? (28 mins).
- 30 – How come the church is mainly a gentile organisation? What happened to most of the Jews? (24 mins).
- 29 – What does this statement mean: ‘They are not all Israel who are of Israel’? (31 mins)
- 28 – What are the implications of God’s plan to grant his people immortality in this age in which we live? (28 mins).
- 27 – Romans 8:26-30. While we wait for the King of Kings to return, what can we expect, personally. What is God doing for us in the meantime?
- 26 – Romans 8:19-25. Why would God make his own creation futile? What does Romans have to say about current events? Tune in an find out! (I inadvertently labelled this episode as Romans 25. It is, of course, part 26 and goes for 29 minutes)
- 25 – Romans 8:12-18. So, I’m saved by the grace of God and empowered by his Spirit. What must I do / not do now? (29 mins)
- 24 – Romans 8:5-11. Is torah really a burden? If not, what is its purpose? How can I tell if I’m a real follower of Messiah? (29 mins)
- 23 – Romans 8:1-4. “Therefore there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus”. Is that the only condition or are there two? Why are the KJV and NKJV different to many other translations in this respect? (31 mins).
- 22 – Romans 7:13-25. Paul’s extraordinary testimony makes sense when we understand that he was using prosopopoeia – whatever that may be! (27 mins)
- 21 – Romans 7:7-12. What on earth is going on in this confusing passage? (26 mins)
- 20 – Romans 7:1-6. If I’m free from sin, but not under the law… how does that work? (28 mins)
- 19 – Romans 6:15-25. How does being under grace free us from the dominion of sin? (25 mins)
- 18 – Romans 6:5-14. Are we really set free from the enslaving power of sin through our co-death with Messiah? If so, how? (28 mins)
- 17 – Romans 5:20 – 6:4. Why was the torah given to Israel? What does baptism achieve? Is it mystical or symbolic? (30 mins)
- 16 – Romans 5:12-19. What does Augustine’s doctrine of ‘original sin’ have to do with Romans 5? And why is Christ a better corporate solidarity than Adam? (27 mins)
- 15 – Romans 5:1-11. Do you feel that your relationship with God is perfect? If not, why not? (26 mins)
- 14 – Romans 4,14-25. Let’s face it, Abraham really made a mess of things. What was God’s response? How does he view us when we screw up? (29 mins).
- 13 – Romans 4:1-13. Was Abraham the ancestor of the Jews only? Does God ‘impute’ Christ’s righteousness to our account as believers? No… and… no. (31 mins)
- 12 – Romans 3:24-31. Did God punish Christ because he was angry at sin? Or is their an alternative explanation? (30 mins)
- 11 – Romans 3:10-23. Why does Paul quote so many scriptures to prove that all men are sinful? Was he rambling or was he very skilful in his selection of texts? Many Protestant teachers tell us that, at salvation, Christ’s perfect righteousness is ‘imputed’ to us. Is that true? (35 mins)
- 10 – Romans 3:1-9. What advantage is there in being Jewish? Why do the translators try to conceal it? (30 mins)
- 09 – Romans 2:25-29. The Apostle concludes his rebuke of his Jewish brethren. He also has a little play on words which, perhaps, only he understood! (27 mins)
- 08 – Romans 2:17-24. Paul continues his defence of gentile equality in the New Covenant skilfully (despite some translational spin in our English Bibles). His subtle exposure of Jewish hypocrisy is sheer brilliance! (32 mins)
- 07 – Romans 2:13-15. Filling in the missing verses from Part 6. Why I think that the popular explanation of Romans 2:14 has been wrong for centuries! (33 mins)
- 06 – Romans 2:12 & 16. What is the basis upon which pagans and Orthodox Jews will be judged? Is sin really “missing the mark”? (31 mins)
- 05 – Romans 2:1-11. On what basis does God grant eternal life? Is it to those who believe in Jesus as their Saviour? Are you sure? (35 mins)
- 04 – Romans 1:18-32. What is the ultimate fate of those who choose to suppress the truth about God? What do they look like? (34 mins)
- 03 – Romans 1:8-17. The Apostle Peter wrote that some of Paul’s writings are “hard to understand” (2 Peter 3:16). Verses 8-15 are fairly straightforward. But after that, Romans starts to get a little bit tricky. (35 mins)
- 02 – Romans 1:1-7. What can we learn about Christ; about Paul, and about ourselves from the first seven verses of the epistle? (35 mins – sorry about the heckler)
- 01 – Introduction. Why did Paul write a letter to a church with whom he had no relationship? (30 mins)
THE CHRISTIAN AND THE TORAH
What is the relevance of the Law of Moses to the Christian today? Are we obliged to keep the Ten Commandments? More than Ten Commandments? All 613 Commandments of the Torah?
- 15 – Pastoral, Hebrews & Conclusion. The last of the anti-torah texts in our series and, more importantly what should we do with the information we’ve discovered? (27 mins)
- 14 – Colossians. What is Merkabah Mysticism and what’s it got to do with this series? (22 mins).
- 13 – Ephesians. Yeshua abolished the wall of separation – ‘the commandments contained in ordinances’. Does that mean he got rid of the torah? (30 mins)
- 12 – Galatians Part 2. Another four popular myths about Torah from Galatians busted (26 mins)
- 11 – Galatians. Galatians is the book of choice for those opposed to keeping the commandments of God. Three popular torah myths busted in this episode. (39 mins)
- 10 – Second Corinthians (plus a taste of Galatians). What does Paul means when he says that ‘the letter kills’? And doesn’t Galatians warn us about coming ‘under the yoke’ of the law? (26 mins)
- 09 – First Corinthians. What does Paul mean when he says, “All things are lawful for me.”? Also, was he a chameleon who kept torah with Jews and ignored when he was with gentiles? (36 mins).
- 08 – Romans. What does Romans teach us about torah? Does Romans 10:4 say that Messiah abolished torah (as some teach)? Does Romans chapter 14 really teach that the day we assemble and what we eat are based on personal choice (as most teach)? (29 mins)
- 07 – James, Peter & John. What do these non-Pauline writings teach us about our relationship to torah? (30 mins – note: playback starts at about the 18-second mark).
06 – Jesus and the Sabbath. This is the first part of a longer teaching which included the Book of James. An internet failure cut off the second part, soooooo… that part will be the first half of the next teaching! (26 mins).Download
- 05 – Revelation. Only two verses relevant to our investigation in the final book of the NT Canon. But with the time remaining, we investigated the popular teaching that Jesus abolished the kosher food laws in Mark chapter 7. (39 mins)
This morning’s teaching was video conferenced and is added below the usual audio file. I have deleted the first few minutes (the audio file is complete and unedited) to remove the unintended images of participants from the file.
- 04 – Acts. The Book of Acts provides a few snippets of critical information routinely overlooked in the study of this topic (29 mins).
- 03 – The Gospels. What must we know about torah before we study the gospels? Are there contradictions in them in regard to torah? (26 mins)
- 02 – Old Testament. Ephesians 2:15 says that Jesus abolished the torah. Did he have the authority to do that? If not, what does that text really mean? (28 mins).
- 01 – History. How has the Christian Church grappled with this issue over the last 2000 years? What are the prevalent views today? (32 mins)
TITHING ON TRIAL
Are Christians obliged to give ten percent of their income to the church? Many TV preachers say, ‘Yes’, but what does the Scripture say?
- 03 – Those Pesky NT Verses – Some claim that the New Testament teaches that Christians are obliged to tithe. Are they correct? (31 mins)
- 02 The [Not-for-Profit] Prophets – In context, what does Malachi 3:8 (the money preacher’s favourite verse) actually mean? (28 mins)
- 01 Torah – What does the Mosaic Law really teach about tithing? (29 mins)
We looked at ‘when’ in 2017; ‘where’ in 2018, and this year, we examine the ‘who’ of Christmas. Specifically, which of two possible Messiahs was Yeshua?
- Christmas 2019 (14 mins).
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE?
If you’re a genuine follower of our Messiah, your eternal future is secure? But what about those who aren’t? Does the Bible explicitly teach that they will suffer eternal torment?
- 08 – Conclusion. Is there any possibility of redemption from Gehinnom? Why resurrect a soul from there, only to church that person into the lake of fire? (33 mins)
- 07 – Judgment. What’s it like in Gehinnom? Is it as bad as tradition portrays it? Do really evil folks get a worse time there than other? (32 mins)
- 06 – Eternity OT. What are the Hebrew expressions for ‘forever’? Does ‘forever and ever’ in the NT alway mean just that? Who will suffer torment ‘forever and ever’? How does it work? (23 mins)
- 05 – Eternity NT. There is one Greek word in the New Testament that is translated in English as ‘eternal, everlasting, forever’. But is that an accurate translation? In other words, does eternity ever end? (32 mins)
- 04 – Paradise. Jesus promised the thief on the cross that they would be in Paradise together that very day. That being the case, how is that the risen Christ could tell Mary on the Sunday morning that he had not yet ascended to his father? Where is Paradise anyway? (30 mins)
- 03 – She’ol. The Old Testament teaches that all the dead – righteous and wicked – go to she’ol at death to await resurrection. It’s commonly taught that Jesus emptied she’ol between his death and resurrection taking all the righteous souls to heaven with him. Is that what the Bible really teaches? (33 mins)
- 02 – Awake! In this instalment we conclude that the ‘soul sleep’ is not supported by the scriptures. But if the soul is conscious after death… where does it go? (34 mins)
- 01 – Common Christian Views. Examines the four most common Christian views on life after death. Do the scriptures teach the unconditional immortality of the human soul? (30 mins)
CELEBRATING OUR FREEDOM IN CHRIST
Teaching on our identity in Christ and guidelines for Christian living. Much of it shamelessly plagiarised from Neil Anderson, author and founder of Freedom in Christ Ministries.
- 10 – Discipleship. What are the three levels of Christian maturity? What challenges do we face at each level? (34 mins)
- 09 – Church Discipline. If there’s anywhere people should feel accepted it’s the Christian Church. But do we have to tolerate poor behaviour?
- 08 – Dealing with Rejection. There are three typical human responses to feeling rejected. None of them work, but which one do you tend to rely on? (26 mins)
- 07 – Healing Wounds from Our Past. As followers of Christ we have the power and ability to put even the most horrendous events from our past behind us. (32 mins)
- 06 – Gotta be Real to be Right. There are three ways to process our feelings, but only one of them is the right way. (34 mins)
- 05 – The Battle for Our Minds. What are ‘strongholds’? How do we get them and, more importantly, how do get rid of them? (31 mins)
- 04 – Keys. If physical needs are met, human beings strive after things like success, significance, peace and security. According to the Scriptures, every child of God can have these very things, if we define them Biblically. (35 mins)
- 03 – Goals. What is the difference between a godly goal and an ungodly goal? Why is the fear of the Lord the ‘beginning of wisdom’? (28 mins)
- 02 – As He Thinks… Understanding our identity is vital to our Christian conduct but what does it mean to ‘walk by faith’? (26 mins)
- 01 – Who Are You? Not as easy a question to answer as you may think! (29 mins)
BAPTISM 23 JANUARY 2019
I had the incredible privilege of baptising a couple of twenty-somethings today. Even better than that… I’ve known this precious pair since they were babies!
- But what’s the point in baptism anyway? (28 mins)
- Good Friday – Christian theologians have held a variety of views as to exactly how Messiah’s death saves us. The Old Testament contains many prophetic pictures (e.g. Passover). Here’s another one (25 mins).
- Where was Jesus born? Was it really in a ‘lowly cattle shed’? (19 mins)
What are the difficulties facing small rural churches today? Is there a solution? (35 mins)
- So what constitutes a proper order of service? The Tabernacle gives us some clues.
- 04 – Small Groups. Why are they important and what do they achieve? (27 mins)
- 03 – Purpose. Have I gone all Rick Warren-ish in my old age? No, that’s not what I spoke about. (33 mins)
- 02 – Corporate Prayer. Healthy churches pray when they get together. But what’s the best way to go about it? (29 mins)
- 01 – Why this Series? Statistically, around 340 churches will die in Australia this year. How did this come about? What are the signs of a dying church? (28 mins)
Gospel of the Kingdom
Jesus said “this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24;14). Is that the gospel that we have been preaching since the Reformation?
- 04 – Jesus the Messiah. Our ‘proofs’ for Jesus as the Messiah do not necessarily align with the Jewish expectations both in the first century and today. What exactly was Messiah supposed to do? How does that affect our presentation of the Gospel of the Kingdom. (35 mins)
- 03 – The Kingdom. What will it be like here on planet Earth after Messiah returns? (33 mins)
- 02 – History of the Gospel. How did the Christian Church lose the gospel? Is going to heaven when we die the goal or a fringe benefit? (29 mins)
- 01 – The Wheat and the Tares. Jesus knows the difference between unbelievers, false believers and his true followers. Which one are you? (25 mins)
An expository journey through the Old Testament Book of Zephaniah.
- 6 – Zephaniah 3:9-20. The final instalment and time for some good news. Verse 9 begins: For then I will restore…. But, when is ‘then’ and what will it be like? (25 mins)
- 5 – Zephaniah 3:1-8. More bad news. Not just for Israel but for gentile nations as well. (22 mins)
- 4 – Zephaniah 2:4-15. What will happen to Judah’s neighbours? In 2005 Israel was pressured into giving up the Gaza. Was this prophetically significant? (24 mins)
- 3 – Zephaniah 1:7 – 2:3. Judgment begins with God’s own. What happened to Judah? What will happen in the future? (25 mins)
- 2 – Zephaniah 1:1-6. A message of impending judgment. The passage lists six categories of people that God will judge – from amongst his own people! Make sure you’re not one of them. (24 mins)
- 1 – Introduction. Who was Zephaniah? Where and when did he prophesy? What was his message? Why should we care in 2018? (22 mins)
Leviticus chapter 23 is routinely ignored by Christians as being irrelevant. That’s a shame because this chapter of ancient instructions reveals God’s prophetic calendar for mankind.
- 15 – Sukkot. Why did this one last seven days? Why was there also a Sabbath on the eighth day? What has been the point in studying these ancient festivals? (30 mins)
- 14 – Yom Kippur 3. What about the two goats? Why was the goat for the Lord supposed to be as identical as possible to the goat for Azazel? And besides, why would a building need atonement? (32 mins)
- 13 – Yom Kippur 2. How will we know when we’re in the last of the last days? Will there be atonement(s) required after Messiah returns? (31 mins)
- 12 – Yom Kippur 1. What’s it all about Alfie? Why the multiple atonements? Didn’t the Messiah die for our sins at Passover? (29 mins)
- 11 – Rapture 3. Is there anywhere in the Bible that plainly tells us when the rapture will take place? As it happens, there is and it’s none other than our Lord who gies us the answer. (29 mins)
- 10 – Rapture 2. Does the timing of the rapture even matter? Does it impact the Gospel of the Kingdom? What is the Gospel of the Kingdom anyway?
- 9 – Rapture 1. There are more than half a billion Bible-based Christians in the world today. 61% of them believe that they will be raptured to heaven before Christ’s return in glory. Are they right or is it wishful thinking? (28 mins).
- 8 – Yom Teruah. It’s a prophetic picture of the next event on God’s Calendar. What does it represent and how close are we to its fulfilment? (29 mins)
- 7 – Shavuot. What do we celebrate at Shavuot (Pentecost)?. Is it the birth of the church? What exactly did God do between Calvary and the Upper Room?
- 6 – Bikkurim. Why was the firstfruits of the barley offered to the Lord? What does it symbolise? (24 mins).
- 5 – Chag Hamatzot. Unleavened bread deals with the problem of sin. But didn’t Jesus do that at Passover? What’s the point of it? (28 mins).
- 4 – Pesach Part Two. According to Romans 11:25 a partial blindness has come upon Israel. This is nowhere more evident than in the symbolism of Passover (31 mins).
- 3 – Pesach Part One. Why should we keep Passover (pesach)? Isn’t the Lord’s Supper more meaningful to us now? (31 mina)
- 2 – Shabbat. Why does keeping the Sabbath (shabbat) appear in the Ten Commandments along with prohibitions on murder and theft? What’s the big deal about it? And what is it’s prophetic significance anyway? As an aside, who changed Sabbath to Sunday? God or man? (36 mins)
- 1- Introduction. What are the mo’edim? Some Bibles translate this Hebrew word as ‘feasts’ or ‘festivals’. Why are they important to Christians? Why will Antichrist strive to replace them? In what way has the Christian Church paved the way for him? (35 mins)
Preaching through the New Testament Book of First Peter. Themes in this epistle include suffering and responsibilities. We live in an age of increasing persecution of Christians and in a culture that exalts rights over responsibilities. Perhaps this ancient epistle was written for such a time as this?
- 12 – 1 Peter 5:1-14. Peter describes himself as a ‘fellow elder’. Okay, so what do elders do? And what is the ‘true grace of God in which we stand?’ (30 mins).
- 11 – 1 Peter 4:12-19. When you are reviled for the name of Christ, what are the implications of that for you? What about for God? Why does Peter list being a “busybody” alongside murder and theft? (30 mins).
- 10 – 1 Peter 4:1-11. The apostle says that “he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin” (v. 1). Really? He also seems to say that the gospel was preached to dead people (v.6). What does he mean? (35 mins).
- 9 – 1 Peter 3:10-22. Why did Jesus preach to the spirits in prison? What spirits? What prison? And does baptism really save us? (29 mins).
- 8 – 1 Peter 3:1-9. What does the Apostle have to say to husbands and wives? Is male headship God’s plan? If so, why? (30 mins)
- 7 – 1 Peter 2:18-25. The New Testament says that Christ’s people can expect suffering and persecution. Peter says that we are ‘called to suffer’. How does that work? He also seems to imply that we are guaranteed healing through the suffering of Christ. That’s a popular belief but is that what Peter meant? (35 mins)
- 6 – 1 Peter 2:11-17. What does it mean to be a resident-stranger? As an aside, what exactly is the ‘soul’? Do animals have them? (34 mins)
- 5 – 1 Peter 2:1-10. What is a ‘spiritual sacrifice’? Why did Jesus keep the commandments perfectly? Why can’t Jews remain ‘in Moses’? (33 mins)
- 4 – 1 Peter 1:13-25. God judges each one’s work. How can our works be judged if we are saved by grace? What are we saved for anyway? (33 mins)
- 3 – 1 Peter 1:6-12. Mythbusters! Christians don’t have to suffer? Christ will rapture us to heaven before the tribulation? Busted! (32 mins)
- 2 – 1 Peter 1:1-5. What is the ‘hope reserved in heaven’ for us? Do we have to go there to get it? (30 mins)
- 1 – Introduction to First Peter (32 mins)
The Book of Ruth
An expository trip through the Old Testament Book of Ruth with an emphasis on its midrashic application for today.
- 8 – Ruth 4:1-22. The final chapter in the study. Why can’t the closer relative redeem Elimelech’s property? Why aren’t we told his name? What’s the messianic significance of the house of Perez? (22 mins).
- 7 – Ruth 3:12-18. Why do the Hebrew scrolls have an ‘oversized’ letter at the beginning of vers 13? Some translations say that Boaz gave Ruth ‘six ephahs’ of barley. But that would have been more than she could carry. What really happened? (23 mins)
- 6 – Ruth 3:1-11. What is the prophetic significance of Ruth’s encounter with Boaz at the threshing floor? The intellectuals and liberals claim that Ruth seduced Boaz that evening. Do you agree? (21 mins)
- 5 – Ruth 2:13-23. Ruth receives more grace from Boaz. What does she do with her abundance? Ruth and Naomi arrived in Bethlehem at the start of the barley harvest. Chapter two ends at the conclusion of the barley and wheat harvests. What’s the significance of those agricultural events? (24 mins)
- 4 – Ruth 2:1-12. Ruth encounters Boaz, the type of Christ. But who are the reapers in our Midrash? Why did Boaz order them to leave Ruth alone? (25 mins)
- 3 – Ruth 1:7-22. How did the three women respond to the visitation of the Lord? How will the people they represent respond in the future? (23 mins)
- 2 – Ruth 1:1-6. Most commentators recognise Boaz in the Book of Ruth as a prophetic picture of Christ. But what about Naomi, Ruth and Orpah? Are they also prophetic pictures? (24 mins)
- 1 – Introduction. Background to the Book of Ruth (25 mins)
Good Friday 2018
Or was it Good Thursday? When exactly did Jesus die?
Christmas Day 2017
When was Jesus really born and can we tell from the Scriptures? (23 mins).
A seven part series taking an in-depth look at 1 Corinthians 12:7-10, attempting to navigate a Scriptural path somewhere between the Conservative and Pentecostal positions.
- 7 – Tongues and Interpretation (38 mins)
- 6 – Prophecy and Discerning of Spirits (33 mins)
- 5 – Gifts of Healings (32 mins)
- 4 – Faith and Miracles (32 mins)
- 3 – Wisdom and Knowledge (12/3/17 – 38 mins)
- 2 – Filled with the Spirit? (30 mins)
- 1 – Spirit Baptism? (37 mins)
Did God really punish Christ for your sins and mine?
- Good Friday Message 2017 (28mins)
What should we do when we assemble together? Six part series.
- 6 – The Collection (43 mins)
- 5 – Communion/Lord’s Supper (34 mins)
- 4 – Worship (30 mins)
- 3 – Praise (29 mins)
- 2 – Early Church Activities (37 mins)
- 1 – Church… What is it? What’s if for? (26 mins – Note: Re-recorded with some audio missing due technical glitches)