THE BOOK OF DANIEL
(Looking for Romans? Check the Archived Sermons Link on the Home Page)
Daniel is an amazing book of history, containing prophecies so precisely fulfilled that liberal scholars dispute its authorship!
- 05 – Daniel 2:1-24. King Nebuchadnezzar had a disturbing dream. How did this result in a power encounter between the God of Israel and the pagan gods of Babylon?
- 04 – Daniel 1:9-21. Only the king and the hoi polloi got to eat the food and drink the wine that had been offered in sacrifice to pagan gods in ancient Babylon. How could Daniel refuse the king’s goodies and get away with it?
- 03 – Daniel 1:1-8. Daniel was to be trained to serve in the king’s palace under Ashpenaz the Chief Eunuch. The Book of Isaiah prophesies that Hezekiah’s descendants would become eunuchs in Babylon. Is this what happened to Daniel and his friends? Did they stand to lose more than just their home and culture?
- 02 Daniel Introduction (Part Two). Who really wrote the Book of Daniel? A lot of scholars say it was written centuries after Daniel’s death. Are they right? This and other questions addressed as we complete the background studies to the book.
- 01 Daniel Introduction (Part One). A look at the historical background and the time period covered by the book.