THE BOOK OF ESTHER
We’ve completed our midrashic approach to the Book of Ruth – in which we discovered amazing prophetic pictures within the historical narrative, that proved relevant, not just in much later biblical times, but also in our very day. So, while we’re on a roll, let’s do the same thing with Esther and see what relevance this ancient story has for the present day..
04 June 2023
- 05 Esther 1,9-22. While the king was having his great banquet, what was Queen Vashti (our prophetic type of Israel) up to?
14 May 2023
- 04 Esther 1:4b-8. After his shindig for the rich and famous, Ahasuerus held another party for seven days. This one was for all and sundry. What’s its significance for us living 2500 years later?
23 April 2023
- 03 Esther 1:1b-4a. Continuing to look at Gematria – why did King Ahasuerus have 127 provinces? And why did he display his wealth and majesty to the hoi polloi for 180 days?
[Because of a technical glitch – the video was corrupted and is unavailabl.]
26 March 2023
- 02 Esther 1:1a. Only one verse, seriously? Yes, well, most of the time is spent introducing folks to Gematria – and that took a little time.
05 March 2023
- 01 Introduction to the Book of Esther. The usual questions: Who? When? Why? How etc.?