THE CHRISTIAN AND THE TORAH
What is the relevance of the Law of Moses to the Christian today? Are we obliged to keep the Ten Commandments? More than Ten Commandments? All 613 Commandments of the Torah?
- Part 12 coming 02 August.
- 11 – Galatians Part 2. Galatians is the book of choice for those opposed to keeping the commandments of God. Three popular torah myths busted in this episode. (39 mins)
- 10 – Second Corinthians (plus a taste of Galatians). What does Paul means when he says that ‘the letter kills’? And doesn’t Galatians warn us about coming ‘under the yoke’ of the law? (26 mins)
- 09 – First Corinthians. What does Paul mean when he says, “All things are lawful for me.”? Also, was he a chameleon who kept torah with Jews and ignored when he was with gentiles? (36 mins).
- 08 – Romans. What does Romans teach us about torah? Does Romans 10:4 say that Messiah abolished torah (as some teach)? Does Romans chapter 14 really teach that the day we assemble and what we eat are based on personal choice (as most teach)? (29 mins)
- 07 – James, Peter & John. What do these non-Pauline writings teach us about our relationship to torah? (30 mins – note: playback starts at about the 18-second mark).
06 – Jesus and the Sabbath. This is the first part of a longer teaching which included the Book of James. An internet failure cut off the second part, soooooo… that part will be the first half of the next teaching! (26 mins).
- 05 – Revelation. Only two verses relevant to our investigation in the final book of the NT Canon. But with the time remaining, we investigated the popular teaching that Jesus abolished the kosher food laws in Mark chapter 7. (39 mins)
This morning’s teaching was video conferenced and is added below the usual audio file. I have deleted the first few minutes (the audio file is complete and unedited) to remove the unintended images of participants from the file.
- 04 – Acts. The Book of Acts provides a few snippets of critical information routinely overlooked in the study of this topic (29 mins).
- 03 – The Gospels. What must we know about torah before we study the gospels? Are there contradictions in them in regard to torah? (26 mins)
- 02 – Old Testament. Ephesians 2:15 says that Jesus abolished the torah. Did he have the authority to do that? If not, what does that text really mean? (28 mins).
- 01 – History. How has the Christian Church grappled with this issue over the last 2000 years? What are the prevalent views today? (32 mins)