LATEST AUDIO TEACHINGS
The ten most recent audios from my expository and topical sermon series are posted on this page. Earlier teachings (and completed series) are moved to the Archived Sermons page on an ongoing basis.. I am currently teaching an expository series on the New Testament Book of Romans one Sunday with a topical series ‘What Happens When You Die?’ on alternate Sundays.
EXPOSITORY SERIES – PAUL’S LETTER TO THE ROMANS (Last Five Teachings)
What’s the big deal about Romans and why is it considered the greatest letter ever written? For my Book Club friends … why on earth would I want to teach through this book again?
- 21 – Romans 7:7-12. What on earth is going on in this confusing passage? (26 mins)
- 20 – Romans 7:1-6. If I’m free from sin, but not under the law… how does that work? (28 mins)
- 19 – Romans 6:15-25. How does being under grace free us from the dominion of sin? (25 mins)
- 18 – Romans 6:5-14. Are we really set free from the enslaving power of sin through our co-death with Messiah? If so, how? (28 mins)
- 17 – Romans 5:20 – 6:4. Why was the torah given to Israel? What does baptism achieve? Is it mystical or symbolic? (30 mins)
TOPICAL SERIES – TITHING ON TRIAL
Are Christians obliged to give ten percent of their income to the church? Many TV preachers say, ‘Yes’, but what does the Scripture say?
- 03 – Those Pesky NT Verses – Some claim that the New Testament teaches that Christians are obliged to tithe. Are they correct? (31 mins)
- 02 The [Not-for-Profit] Prophets – In context, what does Malachi 3:8 (the money preacher’s favourite verse) actually mean? (28 mins)
- 01 Torah – What does the Mosaic Law really teach about tithing? (29 mins)
We looked at ‘when’ in 2017; ‘where’ in 2018, and this year, we examine the ‘who’ of Christmas. Specifically, which of two possible Messiahs was Yeshua?
- Christmas 2019 (14 mins).