NEW! MP4 VIDEOS ALSO AVAILABLE
DURING THE COVID-19 LOCKDOWN!!!
LATEST AUDIO TEACHINGS
The ten most recent audios from my expository and topical sermon series are posted on this page. Earlier teachings (and completed series) are moved to the Archived Sermons page on an ongoing basis. I am currently teaching an expository series on the New Testament Book of Romans one Sunday with a topical series ‘The Christian and the Torah’ on alternate Sundays.
EXPOSITORY SERIES – PAUL’S LETTER TO THE ROMANS (Last Five Teachings)
What’s the big deal about Romans and why is it considered the greatest letter ever written? For my Book Club friends … why on earth would I want to teach through this book again?
- 25 – Romans 8:12-18. So, I’m saved by the grace of God and empowered by his Spirit. What must I do / not do now? (29 mins)
- 24 – Romans 8:5-11. Is torah really a burden? If not, what is its purpose? How can I tell if I’m a real follower of Messiah? (29 mins)
- 23 – Romans 8:1-4. “Therefore there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus”. Is that the only condition or are there two? Why are the KJV and NKJV different to many other translations in this respect? (31 mins).
- 22 – Romans 7:13-25. Paul’s extraordinary testimony makes sense when we understand that he was using prosopopoeia – whatever that may be! (27 mins)
- 21 – Romans 7:7-12. What on earth is going on in this confusing passage? (26 mins)
- 20 – Romans 7:1-6. If I’m free from sin, but not under the law… how does that work? (28 mins)
TOPICAL SERIES – THE CHRISTIAN AND THE TORAH
What is the relevance of the Law of Moses to the Christian today? Are we obliged to keep the Ten Commandments? More than Ten Commandments? All 613 Commandments of the Torah?
This morning’s teaching was video conferenced and is added below the usual audio file. If you can stand the bumbling errors in this, my first attempt, you are welcome to stream it. I don’t think you can download the video, but you should be able to download the audio as per normal.
- 04 – Acts. The Book of Acts provides a few snippets of critical information routinely overlooked in the study of this topic (29 mins).
- 03 – The Gospels. What must we know about torah before we study the gospels? Are there contradictions in them in regard to torah? (26 mins)
- 02 – Old Testament. Ephesians 2:15 says that Jesus abolished the torah. Did he have the authority to do that? If not, what does that text really mean? (28 mins).
- 01 – History. How has the Christian Church grappled with this issue over the last 2000 years? What are the prevalent views today? (32 mins)