LATEST AUDIO TEACHINGS
Audios from my most recent sermon series are posted on this page. As each series is completed it is moved to the Archived Sermons page. I am currently running an expository series one Sunday with a topical series on alternate Sundays.
Paul’s Letter to the Romans
What’s the big deal about Romans and why is it considered the greatest letter ever written? For my Book Club friends … why on earth would I want to teach through this book again?
- 17 – Romans 5:20 – 6:4. Why was the torah given to Israel? What does baptism achieve? Is it mystical or symbolic? (30 mins)
- 16 – Romans 5:12-19. What does Augustine’s doctrine of ‘original sin’ have to do with Romans 5? And why is Christ a better corporate solidarity than Adam? (27 mins)
- 15 – Romans 5:1-11. Do you feel that your relationship with God is perfect? If not, why not? (26 mins)
- 14 – Romans 4,14-25. Let’s face it, Abraham really made a mess of things. What was God’s response? How does he view us when we screw up? (29 mins).
- 13 – Romans 4:1-13. Was Abraham the ancestor of the Jews only? Does God ‘impute’ Christ’s righteousness to our account as believers? No… and… no. (31 mins)
- 12 – Romans 3:24-31. Did God punish Christ because he was angry at sin? Or is their an alternative explanation? (30 mins)
- 11 – Romans 3:10-23. Why does Paul quote so many scriptures to prove that all men are sinful? Was he rambling or was he very skilful in his selection of texts? Many Protestant teachers tell us that, at salvation, Christ’s perfect righteousness is ‘imputed’ to us. Is that true? (35 mins)
- 10 – Romans 3:1-9. What advantage is there in being Jewish? Why do the translators try to conceal it? (30 mins)
- 09 – Romans 2:25-29. The Apostle concludes his rebuke of his Jewish brethren. He also has a little play on words which, perhaps, only he understood! (27 mins)
- 08 – Romans 2:17-24. Paul continues his defence of gentile equality in the New Covenant skilfully (despite some translational spin in our English Bibles). His subtle exposure of Jewish hypocrisy is sheer brilliance! (32 mins)
- 07 – Romans 2:13-15. Filling in the missing verses from Part 6. Why I think that the popular explanation of Romans 2:14 has been wrong for centuries! (33 mins)
- 06 – Romans 2:12 & 16. What is the basis upon which pagans and Orthodox Jews will be judged? Is sin really “missing the mark”? (31 mins)
- 05 – Romans 2:1-11. On what basis does God grant eternal life? Is it to those who believe in Jesus as their Saviour? Are you sure? (35 mins)
- 04 – Romans 1:18-32. What is the ultimate fate of those who choose to suppress the truth about God? What do they look like? (34 mins)
- 03 – Romans 1:8-17. The Apostle Peter wrote that some of Paul’s writings are “hard to understand” (2 Peter 3:16). Verses 8-15 are fairly straightforward. But after that, Romans starts to get a little bit tricky. (35 mins)
- 02 – Romans 1:1-7. What can we learn about Christ; about Paul, and about ourselves from the first seven verses of the epistle? (35 mins – sorry about the heckler)
- 01 – Introduction. Why did Paul write a letter to a church with whom he had no relationship? (30 mins)
What Happens When You Die?
If you’re a genuine follower of our Messiah, your eternal future is secure? But what about those who aren’t? Does the Bible explicitly teach that they will suffer eternal torment?
- 07 – Judgment. What’s it like in Gehinnom? Is it as bad as tradition portrays it? Do really evil folks get a worse time there than other? (32 mins)
- 06 – Eternity OT. What are the Hebrew expressions for ‘forever’? Does ‘forever and ever’ in the NT alway mean just that? Who will suffer torment ‘forever and ever’? How does it work? (23 mins)
- 05 – Eternity NT. There is one Greek word in the New Testament that is translated in English as ‘eternal, everlasting, forever’. But is that an accurate translation? In other words, does eternity ever end? (32 mins)
- 04 – Paradise. Jesus promised the thief on the cross that they would be in Paradise together that very day. That being the case, how is that the risen Christ could tell Mary on the Sunday morning that he had not yet ascended to his father? Where is Paradise anyway? (30 mins)
- 03 – She’ol. The Old Testament teaches that all the dead – righteous and wicked – go to she’ol at death to await resurrection. It’s commonly taught that Jesus emptied she’ol between his death and resurrection taking all the righteous souls to heaven with him. Is that what the Bible really teaches? (33 mins)
- 02 – Awake! In this instalment we conclude that the ‘soul sleep’ is not supported by the scriptures. But if the soul is conscious after death… where does it go? (34 mins)
- 01 – Common Christian Views. Examines the four most common Christian views on life after death. Do the scriptures teach the unconditional immortality of the human soul? (30 mins)